Monday 11 July 2016

THE 'NEVER DO WELLS' AND UEFA/EURO 2016 OUTCOME

UEFA/EURO 2016 is officially over and of all the teams that participated, Portugal the very team that many people thought played the worst football during the tournament, are the same team that smiled home with the cup as they emerged winner over France during the ‘extra time’  of play shocking many lovers of good football and hurting all those who expected or better still, wanted France to win. 
I’m sure Ronaldo’s injury would hurt less by now given his team won.

Football is truly unpredictable! No matter how good a team is, anything can happen in the field of play.

I was with a couple of people last night when the match was being played, even though I couldn’t care less about who’d emerge winner at the end of the day, the side talks and jokes from those watching the match made me laugh so hard until my stomach hurt. I was still laughing even while on my way home as I didn’t want to be around there anymore as the tension grew worse as soon as the match went into extra time. I left as soon as I was done around there and enjoyed the rest of the laughs on my way home.

Anyway, lesson learned from the outcome of that match last night is that we should never underestimate people or write them off as ‘never do wells’. You will be shocked at how the so called ‘never do wells’ sometimes exceed even the expectations attributed to the ‘do wells’ thereby leaving the ‘do wells’ literally ‘panting for breath’ and still not meet up with expectations.

Life’s twist is a mystery; you can never comprehend it on the whole. You just have to learn, accept and follow its tide.

I have a friend who is a PhD holder today. She was a very ‘less than average’ student while in secondary school but she refused to accept the ‘less than average’ status and in less than a few years after we all left University, she earned a PhD even when many of the straight A’s earning students at the time were still flashing their bachelor’s degrees around the corporate world. That’s life for you.

Never underestimate or write people off!

No comments:

Post a Comment