Thursday 3 December 2015

BABYFACE BOUNCES BACK WITH 'RETURN OF THE TENDER LOVER'

Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds  the 56 year old American RnB singer, producer and songwriter who reigned greatly in the 90s is still very much around and waxing stronger as he debuts his new album 'Return of The Tender Lover' tomorrow the 4th of December 2015, thereby proving again that a great and born talented songbird never retires. *winks*

If it's the same Babyface who today has eleven grammy awards to his name and rocked our world with GREAT songs back-in-da-days, then expect our lives and homes to once again be filled with lovely songs and away from the 'kpakulumo' and silly songs that have become the trend in our society.

A lot of us (fans of Babyface) would definitely remember his 'Tender Lover' hit of the late 80s/early 90s. I doubt if there's any of his fans who can ever forget any of his songs because they all MADE SENSE.

A couple of months ago, while watching a musical on TV, I was trying to get over Aloe Blacc's 'I'm the man' when I heard the duo of Babyface and his 'forever' friend Toni Braxton come on with the 'Hurt You' track from their 'love, divorce and marriage' album. Phew! Was I blown away? Yes I was soooo blown away that I had to go listen to the rest of the tracks and I was not dissappointed one bit.

Babyface and Toni must have loads of wonderful moments/memories together as I can never forget how lovely they both looked together in the video of "give you my heart" back then under Babyface's Laface label. I envied seeing them together despite the fact I was so young yet I could detect that bond/chemistry between them. Again, they did a beautiful job together with 'love. marriage and divorce' in 2014. 

Enough said, because I know that nearly everything that has Babyface's touch turns to gold, I sincerely believe that Babyface's comeback with this his latest and first solo album after seven years will be a huge RETURN for all lovers of no-nonsense RnB songs. We've had enough of trashy songs hence it is time to be saved!

BRING IT ON BABYFACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment