Monday 18 January 2016

CANDY CRUSH AND THE CHOICES WE MAKE IN LIFE


I know a lot of people play the now VERY popular candy crush including the many other crushes like Soda Pop, Frozen, you name it as they have become countless. Nearly every game on our mobiles look like you are crushing something or popping bottles.

I hated the mention of the name 'candy' even before it got to 'crush' as I thought many people especially ladies were getting too addicted and over excited with the game save for the Zuma, Subway surf and the rest which a lot of men and children have become addicts as I have seen where a grown man was playing subway surf and trying to cross a very busy road at the same time. Now that's what I would term 'crazy'.

On a few occasions I have had to put up warnings on my facebook page to stop some of my friends from sending me notifications and requests on the game as I was then not interested. Did they listen? Of course a few of them stopped while many others did not and even as I write this, I can lay a wager on the fact that some requests/invites for lives will be waiting from the STUBBORN candy crushers who will not let me be. Hmmm *what more can I do*?

Like I mentioned, ''I was then not interested" but today it's a different ball game as I am now one of the numerous lovers of this addictive game and its many look alike. I now play them so much that I could pass on a meal just to keep getting to the next level, another level and another, just on and on until I run out of 'lives' for the day but one interesting thing is that, I have NEVER sent a request/invite to anyone on facebook as I am always patient enough to wait another 24hours for a refill of 'lives' to continue playing the next day.

Now away from just the playing of the games as the focus on this write up is on the lessons gained so far while playing these games. For those of you who play the game I'm sure you know by now that for every move you make to destroy/crush those jelly walls or create a candy to crush an entire row, are choices you make based on what you intend to achieve at the end of each game? Good!

While playing the game what has again been consistently brought to the fore is that whatever choices we make in life have consequences, good or bad and we should be ready to take up the consequences of every one of them.

Sometimes during the course of the game, I get tempted to make a move to earn some very great points at a go but then I would take another look to see that after that very large earn, I may end up losing the entire game as there are some difficult jellies below that may not get broken/popped/crushed before your moves/timelines are exhausted if you go for the big swoop starring you in the face at that point in time thereby rendering the large points earned useless when you eventually fail that level as a result of that initial big earn. Thereafter you would wish you had taken the little pops/crushes one at a time until you finish the level or used that very big 'rare' candy crusher wisely when you got it.

What is she talking about? *You may ask* And I will tell you in response to that question.

This is 2016, a year that we all hope would be better than we've ever encountered and so I admonish that we make better choices with the opportunities we get irrespective of how big or small they come because there is always an outcome/consequence of the choices we make. 

At this point, *even though January is far gone* let me say HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! and happy crushing year to all CANDY CRUSHERS!!

And lest I forget, for all those subway surfers who play while crossing or even in traffic, surf carefully, stay alive by waiting until you are in the right place to beat every level of whatever game.

No comments:

Post a Comment