Tuesday 15 September 2015

ISN'T JAMIE FOXX THE 'MASTER OF EVERYTHING'?


Now if you ask me, I wonder why Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes are still trying so hard to keep their romance ‘hush, hush’ when it seems none of the party is cheating on anybody or a third party. Us Weekly reported exclusively about 3 days ago that for a recent L.A. rendezvous with boyfriend Jamie whom she’s being dating for about two years now, the beautiful 36 year old actress and formerly Tom Cruise’s partner had to put on a wig and hat to avoid the ‘paparazzi’ while meeting with him at a hotel.

Now, enough of Katie Holmes; let’s focus on the man-of-the-moment Jamie Foxx.  Jamie Foxx who was born as Eric Marlon Bishop, is an American actor, singer, comedian, writer, and producer and many more. I guess a lot of people would be wondering why I’m writing on him today. And my bold response would be ‘who wouldn’t want to write about Jamie Foxx any day’?

If you ask me again, I would say he’s a real ‘Hollywood story’. Who would have thought this 47 year old ‘master of everything’ would turn out this way many years ago? God bless the star, moon, sun or whatever that witnessed the day he was born. It sure must have been a lucky star, moon and again whatever.

Interestingly, I was never a fan while he was on that movie with Vivica Fox (someone please remind me the name of that movie again), aha! Booty Call!! And then onto his Jamie Foxx sitcom/show, I still wasn’t a fan of his for I thought he wasn’t really funny until 2004 when he starred as Ray Charles in the biographical film Ray which earned him the Academy and BAFTA Awards for best actor as well as a Golden Globe Award also for Best Actor in a musical comedy. Wow! That was the year I fell in love with his acts. It was whoop! Whoop!! Whoop!!! All the way for Jamie for in that same year, he got nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the action film Collateral and even though he didn’t win that, it still has been a story filled with successful points.
 
His outing in the still-talked-about movie Django Unchained which was released in 2012 blew me away  and while I was still trying to get outta the wind of Django Unchained, I got sucked-up again into this  amazing character when I saw what he did with his role as William Stacks in yet another great movie ‘Annie’ the 2014 version. His roles in other movies such as Electro in The Amazing Spider Man leave you with that longing-for-more feeling. I had to go search for his sitcom The Jamie Foxx show to watch all over again just in case I missed out something which didn’t make him appear funny or talented to me at the initial stage of his career. 


My admiration for him grew when I started taking time out to listen to him sing and gbam! That guy can sing to save his life and yours *smiles*. Between 2005 and 2008 he produced three albums; ‘Unpredictable’, ‘Intuition’ and the ‘Best Night of My Life’ all of which charted tops on the US Billboard 200 and today he stands tall as one of the great Grammy Award winning artists which is another feather to many of the feathers on his successful hat. He surely is now living up to his name as ‘Jamie King’ which he played in his sitcom between 1996 and 2001.

Who says being adopted does not come with a lot more goodies than has been told in the past? Having been raised by his mother's adoptive parents in a black quarter in Terrell, Texas which at that time was a racially segregated community, he nevertheless had a strict Baptist upbringing as he took part in the choir and started playing the piano at five even as his natural talent for jokes became obvious as a very young teenager.

After completing Terrell High School, he received a scholarship to study classical music at the United States International University and the rest is history.

Need I say more about this wonderful man? He is no doubts ‘unpredictable’ because I know for a fact that at the rate he’s moving, we’ve only seen a little of the stuff he’s really made of,  for I strongly presume there’s so much more to come from ‘Jamie’ Foxx the ‘King’.

So until then, let’s keep our fingers crossed as we await more mind-blowing acts from JAMIE FOXX. And Hey Katie! You go on girl!! Keep loving this great-man-of-the-moment who has very often acknowledged that one of the greatest reasons for his success is the influence of his grandmother in his life!!!

Now, you be the judge! Who wouldn't want to write about Jamie Foxx? I bet you would, having come to the end of this write-up.  He is THE MAN!! Well done JAMIE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment