Wednesday 16 September 2015

"I STILL GET BUTTERFLIES EVERYTIME WE KISS" - MAGIC JOHNSON



About two days ago this was the 14th of September, 2015, marked the 24th wedding anniversary of Magic Johnson and his lovely wife Earlitha of many years. He went on Instagram with this lovely message below:
 
It’s that time of the year again to celebrate my wife, my lover, my friend! It’s been 24 years of wedded bliss and I still get butterflies every time we kiss! I still remember the first time I saw you walk across the street in those jeans and today, you are still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen! I know you’re an angel sent down to me from above because there is no other way to define our deep love. I believe our union was predestined at birth, because every day I spend with you is like heaven on Earth! Happy 24th Anniversary, Cookie! I love you!

Hmm! How lovely does that sound in your ears?  How many men still get those butterflies after many years or even take out time to appreciate their wives like this on social media and still mean it? After 24 years, the same woman is still the most beautiful woman.

I got talking with a very, very gentleman, Dele (real name withheld) yesterday after reading out the message above by Magic Johnson and his exact words were “hmmm, that was greatly bold of Magic Johnson, given the rate of infidelity these days whereby some men cannot even put up the pictures of their wives as dp on whatsapp or bbm so that the side-chicks don’t get too jealous even when they know the man is married”.

I laughed and said “but a lot of them would argue that why they don’t do that is for security reasons”.
   
What silly security reason is that?  Dele asked in a sarcastic tone, “if these men bother about security, then they wouldn’t sell themselves out by first of all indulging in extra-marital affairs. Look my sister, 90% of the time it is because of the girls outside while I could give them 10% for business reasons, other than that (hissing with a wave of the hand) it’s all for the babes”.

Laughing and looking at him with a frisky guarded look I asked “hmm, Dele are you talking from experience or other people’s experiences? Still laughing I added, “But on a more serious note, why do men even cheat”?

“Ehen” he said in a protesting manner “leave that topic for another day except you don’t want to leave this place today” getting off his seat he added “and when that day comes, the topic should be, why do people cheat at all and not just men. But wait o!  Pausing to ponder for a second, he asked “on a second thought, do you think Magic Johnson would have stuck with this same woman if he was not HIV positive”?  

And that begging question ‘yours sincerely’ could not answer. So with tongue in check, I let the discussion go. Dele on the other hand still had something to say even as he walked away but stopped at the door and said “for the records, I don’t cheat and hard as it may sound because one gets tempted every now and then given these Jezebels in town nowadays, I’ve never cheated on my wife and never will for I’ve seen that the consequences always outweighs whatever pleasure I would derive from it no matter how smart you think you are”.

Now having digressed a bit, let’s get back to Magic Johnson. For those of you who may be wondering who Magic Johnson is (which I strongly doubt because the man to a long standard needs no introduction), let me give you a brief on this ‘needs-no-introduction-man’

Before some of you will think he’s a magician *winks* given the name ‘magic’ as represented here; Earvin "Magic" Johnson Jr. is a retired American professional basketball player of the National Basketball Association who played for the Lakers in Los Angeles for 13 seasons and won championships with the Lakers during the 80s. He earned the name ‘Magic’ from Fred Stabley Jr., a sports writer after Johnson recorded a triple-double of 36 points, 18 rebounds and 16 assists as a 15 year old sophomore  playing for Everett High School and the name stuck even though Johnson’s mother who was a Christian felt the name was rather sacrilegious. On a lighter note, he sure performed some magic given his skills during his active years in basketball.

In 1991 after announcing his HIV positive status, he acknowledged that he got infected through having multiple sexual partners during his active playing career period even though he initially said that he did not know how he contracted the disease. After the announcement, he retired but returned to play in the 1992 All-Star Game and won the All -Star MVP Award.  He again retired for another four years due to dis approvals from his fellow players for fear of contacting the disease if he got injured while playing in the court. 
Magic Johnson & Family
Nonetheless, for the third and final time, he returned in 1996 at the age of 36 to play 32 games for the Lakers before retiring for the final time. Today he has many awards to his name. He had his first son Andre, with Melissa Mitchell who was born in 1981 and another Earvin III in 1992 with his wife Earlitha Kelly who he calls “cookie” after they got married in 1991. In 1995 they adopted a daughter, Elisa.

Enough said, here’s wishing Magic Johnson and his “cookie” many more beautiful years together ahead. Hoping that in the next 24 years, they’ll still get ‘butterflies’ when they kiss.

Finally, my question to every couple of many years out there “DO YOU STILL GET THOSE BUTTERFLIES WHEN YOU KISS AFTER THESE MANY YEARS”? 

Bye for now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment