Wednesday 17 May 2017

STOP THAT ADDICTION BEFORE IT STOPS YOU



This morning, I was shown a crazy video of persons who were acting like zombies and running berserk acting as though they were high on something. And yeah, the way they displayed could only have been achieved by being high on something because nobody in their right frames of mind would run into a windshield, run into a moving car, almost strangling an innocent co-passenger on a train, or be rolling on the road especially on a highway with fast moving vehicles and passersby.

It didn’t take long watching the video before my suspicions of them being high on something were confirmed as the narrator in the video soon revealed that the cause of the actions in the video is related to the victims’ indulgence in a street drug called flakka.

Flakka which is the colloquial name for this street drug which was designed in the 60s is actually alpha- Pyrrolidinopentiophenone a synthetic stimulant of the Cathinone family, somewhat like amphetamine thereby making it a dangerous designer drug which leaves its users dangerous not only to themselves but also those around them.

As though that video on flakka was not enough of an ordeal, I got to the office and saw a  screenshot of news reporting that a teen had died from drinking caffeine too early thus bringing back memories of how I almost passed out during exams back in my days as an undergraduate in the University having read ‘jacked’ all night with my eyes wide open all through given the large amounts of highly concentrated coffee I was used to taking at the time whenever it was time for exams to enable me stay awake  while reading at night.

Back then, I took coffee or caffeine as though it was going out of fashion and I soon realized that I was no longer drinking just because it was exams but also that I had become an ADDICT nevertheless did not wait for anyone to caution me to stop after that encounter in the exams hall. I cautioned myself and stopped.

Where am I going with all this? You may ask.

To every one of you out there, you know what you are addicted to. Whatever it is, please help yourself and STOP! It doesn’t have to be anything taken orally, it may just be some habits other than drinking, drugs, smoking et al. Just stop that ADDICTION now.

Don’t wait till it gets out of hand and too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment