Wednesday 5 April 2017

LET THERE BE LIGHT: AMBODE LIGHTS UP LAGOS



Light indeed cannot be comprehended by darkness when they meet. As a matter of fact, they cannot even meet because from experience, once darkness perceives light from afar, it indeed flees.

Light is undeniably powerful that’s why people who are in love will use phrases such as “she lights up my world”, “she lit up in excitement as soon as she saw him” and other phrases as such. There is always a sense of security whenever you are in a well-lit environment as everything and everyone become visible.

And so I felt really good the other day while out for the night (which was unusual for me), I realised that I wasn’t in a hurry to get back home as it felt as though there was no point rushing back home like I would usually do whenever I find myself out as  nearly all the places which were usually dark at about that time of the night were all lit up with street lights and then it occurred to me “aha! So this is what Governor Ambode’s ‘light up Lagos’ project is all about”. Was I impressed? Yes I was and I hope this spreads to all other parts of Lagos soon. 

From the on goings, given the roads under construction, it is expected that they would be completed with necessary road infrastructure which includes lighting, walkways and properly built drainages amongst others.

Until now, I have never had to say a good word about Politicians as they rarely make good their promises. But for this present Lagos state Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode who one can aptly describe as a jolly good fellow that does not only enjoy being called a youth at heart but also an unrepentant performer. We look forward to seeing more visible footprints, development wise across the length and breadth of Lagos, Nigeria’s centre of excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment