Thursday 12 March 2015

LADIES!!! HAVE WE REALLY GONE MAD?


This morning on my way to work I got stuck in traffic. While in the terrible traffic I saw this very stout looking lady with a very short grey skirt that also had an outrageous slit at the back walk pass the car on my left. I couldn’t help but said aloud “what is this? Have we (ladies) gone mad? This is outrageously stupid” to my partner in the car with me and with a frown on my face I watched as the lady feeling so cool with herself continued walking away smiling as a guy walked behind her with his attention heavily focused on the massive buttocks which were obviously trying to stay properly packaged within the very tight skirt which was by now soaked in sweat around the panty lines area. And guess what? This lady was on her way to work!

On the 13th of January 2013 I wrote this on my Facebook wall ‘’ Ladies, they spend half of their lives shopping for clothes yet when it's time to go out for an occasion they come out half naked all in the name of fashion! So what happened to the proper clothes?’’ and these are some of the responses that followed that post:  T. R so, true.  E. A Ask them? M. O “They never buy proper clothes...”  S. A “na waoh...tell them my sister”.  R. E “Lol. Na ward rope de wear am na? There was a day a married woman was putting on one of such clothes and a man asked her what happened to the remaining fabric. Meaning some of these men (who they try to impress) do not even like such outfits. So why do they now wear them?” E. M “Not sexy enough, so, inside wardrobe and boxes they stay”. S. S “What they wear is what they shop, they’ve lost values”. A. O. G. G “The most annoying part is that those one yard clothes they wear are even expensive so, one can't say its lack of money. END TIME ni o. Madam, you posted this topic and from my analysis, 80% of those that raised comments are women so, my concern is this...who is inspiring this and who are those manifesting it?” S.S.E ask dem C.O Laffff O. A.I. “We are going back to the Stone Age only that this time it is with class”.

I don’t understand why I would shop for clothes and never wear them or for things I wouldn’t be comfortable in. Given the responses above, does that mean we’ve really lost it as both genders kick against indecent dressing so who are we really trying to impress? I don’t want to go into the hues/descriptions of the kinds of outfits that were showcased during an awards event which was held just this last Saturday the 7th of March 2015 (don’t want to mention names). While a lot of our celebs were properly dressed and looking all-gorgeous, some die-hard-attention-seeking-ones decided to show up looking like what yours-sincerely is still trying to find a WORD to describe. Anyhow, that topic on the red carpet has been heavily trashed on nearly all the social media platforms so no point revisiting it.

Like I concluded on the day I posted on my face book wall and in response to those who commented “you know sometimes girls make me laugh. My friends and I were at the train station a few days back and in this cold where everyone wears as many jumpers/coats to keep warm; a babe had this very skimpy sleeveless dress with high heeled shoes but no coat or even a jumper. Initially she was on the phone laughing and talking so loud. Eventually when conversation ended, you needed to see how she was shivering and gave us the look like we were not sympathetic enough to lend her our jackets. The questioning look (trust us) we gave back was ‘didn't you know that it was cold out here before you left home half naked? Mtcheew”.
Source: AndrevaShaw

1 comment: